Authentic Estate Oldruitenborgh was built at the end of the 15th century by the then sheriff of Vollenhove Egberts Pilgrim den Berghe Ruth. Over the years, the building was extensively renovated and restored several times. Since 2004 there are 20 luxurious rooms and several rooms realized.
The house originally consisted of an east-west wing on the southeast side of a short, somewhat lower construction. The elongated wing had two rooms that were separated by a wall with a fireplace on both sides. The layout of the eastern part of the wing, consisting of a vaulted cellar, a superjacent room and a loft area with a Gothic brick chimney is like then. The western part of the wing, which is now the wedding hall and hall, was partly basement.
In order to extend the house to the west in 1962, the large cross standing construction home demolished in the 18th century. The extended west facade of the entrance party got eight windows of equal shape. A very long frontage. Created by the removal of the existing irregular pattern of windows and doors The departure to the west of the hall was a window width increases by moving. Western wall
In 1947 the building was in estate of over 8 hectares purchased by the municipality to make the town to settle. The estate included then a Coach, an orangery, a forester and workers’ quarters and park with a pond, the ruins of the castle and the aft Toutenburg avenue of Toutenburg.